Embracing where I have been lately has been really tough, especially as I continue to learn more about myself and what things I would love to starting doing. I have felt myself change, so much over the past 6 months. There have been many up and down periods and currently I feel myself stepping back into my power. There have been some emotional things come up in my life that I wasn’t ready to handle. Mainly, by the outer world events and the political drama. Ever since I discovered who Bernie Sanders is I feel like my entire mind has been awakened to the issues of this country. I have spent many days thinking about what is happening and what could I possibility do to make things better. Also, much time has been spent watching documentaries, political and educational videos, blog posts, Facebook videos, mainstreams media. Not to mention all the different opinions I have read, perspectives, ideas, solutions, etc. I have exposed myself to another layer of our reality and it has been hard for me to accept. I realize now that I must have balance in my life. I spent so much time worried about the problems and thinking about the terrible events that it begun to drain my energy. Especially after going the Philly, volunteering for the Green Party, and attending other protests/rallies. I feel absolutely exhausted from it all. I have to remember that I have to give myself time to let all the information sink in. I have decided that I better start focusing on solutions and ways that I can contribute to the planet and the people. That can be tough, especially when I have always been so introverted. I have also realized my fear of rejection has increased due to my resent breakup. It always hurts to not be with someone who I told, “I love you to everyday.”, but knowing that I still am going to be friends with him is comforting and even confusing at times. Yet, I am trusting love the best way I know how to and also knowing that things are happening the way that it is meant to. I have to remind myself that my thoughts are going to shape my reality. So, I am trying to become more aware of my thoughts. It has been a tough at times, because I find myself getting lost in a thought and then experiencing my feelings based on whatever I am thinking. Some thoughts are harder to resist than others, especially if the emotions are strong, and even traumatic. It is easy to get lost and maybe feel down a little when this happens. One of the most important things I like to keep in mind is that it is okay it feel negative feelings. It doesn’t mean that it is good or bad. I have been too judgmental with myself and realized that I am the one who is pressuring myself and that there is not anyone else holding any expectations on me. I am the one who decides what I want to do with my life and it doesn’t matter what anyone has to say. I find myself caring about what people think sometimes, and it can cause social anxiety. Which is something very real that nobody ever wants to talk about. I know I even don’t like to think about it, but I think it is important for me too. I strongly believe that when I look at my problems right in the face and call it out for exactly what it is, usually through writing, I discover that it really healing. Sometimes, I have too many thoughts, and trying to listen to them all is really tiring, so I have been practicing meditation. Someone I listened to said something like this, “Think of your thoughts like clouds in the sky. You don’t have to listen to them, you can let them just float right by.” Basically, I am becoming aware of the thoughts that case me suffering and to experience emotions, by simply choosing to think about other things. I am doing much rewiring and unlearning. I feel like I am literally transforming into someone else… Perhaps, I am really learning who I am and realizing that I am not who I thought I was. I have spent much of my time thinking about the future or the past, causing much anxiety. Anxiety has caused me to struggle in basically every area of my life. It has been a true challenge to do things I know I have to do. Sometimes, I don’t eat correctly, have trouble being around others, feeling panic, and confused overall. Yet, I always find the power inside me to call anxiety out for what it is and not allow myself to get lost in the emotions. Panic attacks are definitely a real thing. Last year, I totally freaked out, because I randomly got lost somewhere I felt I should not be lost in, my phone died, and I was suppose to be back at work, but obviously I was late and couldn’t call anyone. There was a negative voice judging the entire event in my head. The fact was is that everything was going to be okay, no matter what. I have realized that most of the panic attacks were called from believing what was happening in my thoughts was actually happening in real life! I was experiencing emotions, because of my thoughts and ever since then it is as if something has clicked for me. I feel more in control of my life. I am more accepting of what happens without judging it as bad or good.
I am walking around an environment surrounded by many different structures varying in size and color. Suddenly, feelings of confusion and alienation come over me.
Where am I?
Looking down upon the ground, I see black pavement and pale sidewalks. Looking around me, I see other human beings, but I don’t think they see me. Stopping now, I observe their faces.
The sounds of many feet hitting these man-made surfaces seem to grow louder the longer I stand still.
Worry, Stress, Anxiety.
I feel it now.
The energy lingers in the air, as they pass by me with their tunnel vision.
Their minds aligned to the next destination.
Their focus on the next deadline.
Their minds on an imaginary clock.
Yet their awareness; empty.
I wonder where are they going and why won’t they look into my eyes?
Analyzing the huge signs in the air, I ask myself, who are these images and words for?Why does their messages make me desire something outside of myself? I feel like I am suppose to be listening, but I can’t comprehend. Are those letters talking to me?
I close my eyes to remember the last place where everything made sense.
I smell wooden trees and fresh plants. I feel the crisp air and the bright sun rays my skin. I hear the sounds of the leaves crunching, music playing, laughter, the birds singing, and the whispering of the wind. I feel the softness of the grass and the hardness of the dirt upon my feet. I see other people and they look at me radiating with light. I remember who I am…
We hug, we dance, we talk, we sing, we eat.
Connection. Unity. Freedom. Love.
Back to the our essential being.
Allowing ourselves just to be.
To simply live in this existence without any obligations.
I’ll never forget how the embers of that fire danced with the night sky.
Clarity. Peace. Serenity.
Where are those sensations? Where are those people? What is this place? How can this be where I call home?
These people are the same; they just don’t know it. They don’t realize their true power. They are not aware of the loving energy radiating deep inside of them. They are distracted by social conditioning. They are filled with false judgments and complex misunderstandings. They are consumed with their egos and far away from their souls. They don’t know who they really are!
I must shine my light upon them to wake them up.
I must pour my love on them and heal them.
Enlightenment is evolution.
I am the messenger. The light worker. The peace keeper.
I have to tell them that this isn’t the way we were meant to live.
It’s time to tell them the truth…
This place wasn’t designed for us, it was designed by a select few.
Society is nothing more than a prison to keep us in debt and enslaved to a system that will never benefit us. These people trick us into believing that we need the things we see around us. Constant remainders that we must always have something bigger and better than ourselves, because we aren’t enough. We know we don’t want these things, but they persuade us any way.
Materialism and Capitalism are our biggest enemies.
They have manipulated us to believe that we must do certain things, say certain things, and be certain things. But I am here to tell you, that we must not listen to them anymore.
Turn off the television. Quit listening to the radio. Think for yourself.
The hardest part is accepting that everything you ever believed is a lie.
To finally understand that this is reality is an man-made illusion.
They may be the controlling this game, but you have the choice whether or not you want to play.
If you throw in your cards; their whole world explodes.
When we come together there will be nothing standing in our way.
We must welcome this enlightenment, unite together, and evolve as one.
Do you feel that?
Your heart is beating and they can’t feel you.
Do you hear that?
That’s your thoughts and they can’t hear you.
What are you doing?
That’s your actions and they can’t see you.
You are in control; never submit. Take back your power by remembering who you are.
Upon seeing Hillary Clinton speak about winning the democratic nomination, tears started to fall from my eyes. I was feeling rage, belittlement, and disgust mixed with faith, hope and passion. This race hasn’t been fair to say the least, and we all know that the odds were never in Bernie Sander’s favor.
I have strongly supported Senator Bernie Sanders since the beginning of this year. I believe in his message and still have faith in his campaign. He has brought the truth to the millions of people, resulting in people waking up and asking questions about what is happening in politics.We have two very unfavorable candidates leading in the race for the presidency. What a weird and exciting time to be alive, right? Seriously, I have had many different emotions towards politics. I have cried watching Bernie’s speeches and have been filled with joy at the same time. I have donated to his campaign, purchased a bumper sticker, and even made a video to show my support. I have watched countless hours of his speeches, protests, and (HONEST) news networks to learn more about what this movement is about. Obviously, we need to fix the rigged economy, corrupt criminal justice system, focus on the gap between the middle class and the top 1 percent, take action against climate change, etc. There is no need for me to continue listing the issues of this country, because we already know that we as a whole are struggling and ready for change.
I strongly believe that this is not the end for this movement. There has just been too much information exposed to millions of people. It’s not like this is a fucking episode of American Idol or something. This is the political revolution! The start of people coming together and thinking about our future. Bernie has shared his vision of the United States with the world. Think about that for a minute. Look how much one man has done for change in politics and now, literally thousands of people are doing the same. I am remaining optimistic about the world. I want to believe that the good will win the fight against evil. I have to believe that all the dark souls out there will be brought to some type of justice, if not physically then spiritually.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO BE APART OF
THE GLOBAL REVOLUTION?
- Shop Local, Organic, Free-Trade, Sustainable, Non-GMO Foods: This change doesn’t happen overnight. Slowly, switch over by buying things here and there from local markets, stores, and farmers. This change will benefit your overall health, environment, and increase a demand in this industry for the betterment of our economy. Research Monsanto and understand the seriousness of what they have done and what they hope to do. Evil bastards.
- Stick to “Family-Owned” Businesses: Cut back on purchases from places such as Walmart, Kroger, Target, etc. This one is definitely tough, but if we turn our backs on these companies, then they don’t have power over us. You will feel better paying for something someone made with love instead of a factory. We have to change our views on the products we purchase. We are fighting a battle against corporate greed, so the less money they take from us, the better off we will be!
- Pick up Trash Around Your Neighborhood & Environment: Start carrying around bags and gloves with you in your car, on your bike, etc. Be more aware of your surroundings and start picking up the mess we are all responsible for. The cleaner the environment; the healthier we can be; the more likely more people around you will not litter. It is the smallest things that matter the most!
- Educate Yourself: Make this a goal and a life requirement! Knowledge is power! “The first step to wisdom is realizing you don’t know anything!” Start reading books, magazines, articles, documentaries, and opening your mind to any information you become interested it. Don’t limit yourself, there is no such thing as knowing too much! Challenge yourself to break free from your “comfort zone”. For example, listen to a different style of music, go to a workshop, attend a yoga class, etc.
- Share The Knowledge: This goes hand in hand with educating yourself. Challenge yourself to reach out to those close to you in your life. It is a great feeling to teach someone something foreign to them. Once you start learning; you will understand why it is important for us all and why we have to share information with one another. You will also sense a new feeling of freedom, wisdom, and possibility. Be sure to share any important news you discover via social media, because this revolution will not be televised!
- Register to Vote! Get Involved In Politics: This one is tricky, because many people don’t want to get involved with anything that the government is doing. At least attempt to give politics a chance, because you will discover that politics is very critical to all of our lives. We the people want to be able to have a say on what is going on in our country. Let your voice be heard! Voting is huge! It is so important, because all around the world people are making it harder and harder for people to vote by participating in “voter suppression”.
- Avoid Working For Corporate: If possible, choose a family-owned company. This is not going to be possible for every person reading this for many different reasons. At least do some research on the company that you are employed by and see what they are involved in, how they treat their affairs, other employees, spend their money, etc. You have the choice if you want to stay with them, or choose a company with the same morals as you. Choosing a local business helps promote small businesses and that’s exactly what we need, in order to conquer the corporate world. Remember, your happiness is essential to living a healthy life. Money can’t buy happiness.
- Discover Your Faith: Do some thinking about the universe/GOD. Ask yourself questions about where you came from, why the world is the way it is, what can you do about it,etc. Start looking inside yourself and understanding that you are not the voice inside your head, your thoughts or emotions. You are something far greater. In my personal view, we are spiritual entities having a human experience. Make it a personal task to explore different walks of faith, belief systems, and unique perspectives.
- Start Having Conversations With Strangers: Next time, you out at the grocery store, farmer’s market, hiking trail, at work, etc; be sure to spark up a conversation with someone. You never know what the conversation between you two may be. Potentially, you could learn something new, make a new friend or connection. Just be social and opportunities will start to pop up in your life!
- Create Communities: Become more involved in community service, grass-root organizations, march in peaceful protests, attend city meetings and/or court hearings. Introduce yourself to your neighbors and try to help anyone you see struggling on the streets. We are all in this life together as one. We owe it to one another to lend a helping hand, share compassion and have open-mind to all people. Get involved in activism, rallies, marches, and speeches! We have to take action against the government, corporations, and big money!
- Experience The Outdoors: Nature is known to help relieve stress, expend your consciousness, and help people appreciate the true beauty of the world. You owe it to yourself to take foot outside. The more time you spend outdoors, the more comfort you will feel. Nature is our home. I personally always feel more connected to the universe when I am observing nature. It is truly limitless when it comes to things you could do outside. Get creative, start thinking, and embrace this amazing planet!
- Take Responsibility for Your Well-Being: You have to take care of yourself before you can help change the world. Here are a few tips I have that may guide you on your journey. Physically, you may want to get involved in exercise, group fitness classes, hiking, etc. Change your diet. Ditch modern medicine and research holistic alternative medicine such as Ayurveda. Emotionally & Mentally: You may want to go see a therapist if you have been struggling for years. Try writing out how you feel. Reading self-improvement books. Financially: Create a budget. Minimize spending. Quit buying unnecessary things. Make more thought-out purchases. Spiritually: Start reading about different religions, go out in nature, meditate, do yoga, practice mindfulness.
I am sure I could continue to list millions and millions of positive ways to get involved in this global revolution. It is apparent that the way of the world is shifting into a more positive direction, especially here in the United States. We have millions of people all around the world standing up to their governments for equality. People are waking up and realizing what really matters in life. This is quite the bittersweet generation to be alive in. Take complete advantage of it and decide to be apart of the change. You can develop your own ways to be apart of the global revolution. That is the wonderful thing about this revolution; we the people are reclaiming our freedom, our planet, and our lives.
This is just the beginning of our global revolution 😀
Here is a photo from Iceland. They have taken back their country, which has set a huge example for Americans.
Here’s a photo from last night’s rally in Washington Park. There was estimated over 50k people there for a Bernie Sander’s rally. I will be writing more about this in another blog.
Donald Trump is winning the presidential race in America. It makes me very sad and a little nervous. I really wish I had the power to stop what he is doing, but obviously I don’t. I only hope that by sharing posts, talking about politics, and writing this blog; maybe I can make a slight impact.
Well, when I woke up this morning, I jumped on Facebook because I could not fall back to sleep. I started seeing political posts mainly for Bernie Sanders and then I came across an article about a man who decided to go “undercover” at a Donald Trump Rally.
After reading this article, I have been left with a “bad taste” in my mouth. This is definitely disturbing to say the least. This guy was brave and seriously had some guts to walk into a Trump rally and start socializing with his supporters. My social anxiety would be through the roof being surrounded by people who are judgmental, negative, and close-minded.
I hope people start to do the same thing as the man in the article and open their minds to another perspective. Hopefully for Bernie Sander’s message, because they definitely will feel the positive energy and good vibes associated with his words. Every time I think about Trump and his message, a darkness creeps in my mind as well. I don’t want to think about him anymore honestly. I want to focus on the good things going on and not stress about other truths at the moment. I could continue on with this post, but my thoughts have already gotten to me enough. I simply wanted to vent a little and share this article, because I think it is worth reading, especially if you are a Trump supporter.
Please realize you must be the change if you want see the change in the world and that’s what I am hoping to do in this life.
First of all, every single person needs to admit that they are under-educated and that their entire mindset has been flawed for the majority of their lives. How can you ever have an opinion, if it was molded for you?
Seriously, think for yourself, open your mind to insane ideas, and dig into everything that is going on in the world! How can people continue to sit around and be angry, bitter, and down right hateful towards a group ofpeople?! A lot of American’s think we are paying taxes for those who are on welfare or toward immigration, and yes some of our taxes are helping people! BIG FUCKING DEAL? WOW, why is that such a bad thing? Who cares if someone isn’t from here, good for them! Let them come here, the earth is free for all people. Borders, territories, countries, etc are all MAN MADE! The real problem here is that there are literally a handful of families dominating the entire world! They control the energy, the healthcare, the food, the education system, the big banks, the money supply, all the companies, and the media!
Basically, everything around us is a damn illusion put here by some greedy, evil bastards who only have selfish interests for profit. These people have trillions and trillions of dollars, their whole goal is to CONTROL EVERYTHING. But, hey let’s not worry about them, as long as we have our new electronics and taxes don’t get raised all is swell in our little world, oh yeah don’t allow those damn Mexicans to come take our jobs and steal our land, but WAIT A MINUTE. This country was STOLEN FROM THE PEOPLE WHO LIVED HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! But, why worry about them right? It’s not like they are around anymore, WRONG. Native Americans are still here fighting for their rights as well!
What about the FACTS! THE PLANET IS BEING DESTROYED! PEOPLE ARE STARVING! And America has fucking comedians running to lead this country and currently ahead in the election! WOW, I am outraged about many things right now and let me tell you, I could care less who comes into this country. We have a responsibility, we are in charge of our entire existence right now. The future is most definitely not promised, and we are worried about making money to be apart of a system put into place for literally A HANDFUL OF FAMILIES to thrive while everyone else slaves their lives away. Hell, if you don’t believe me, follow the money trail, do your research, and you will see the truth.
Below is a small clip from Thrive. A highly recommended documentary!
This is a personal video I made about what is going on in the world today. I feel passionate about being about of the change we need in this world. Please take some time to watch this video and share it if possible. Thanks!
P.S I do not claim any of this material as my own. I put together clips and sounds from youtube videos!