WHAT CAN YOU DO TO BE APART OF
THE GLOBAL REVOLUTION?
- Shop Local, Organic, Free-Trade, Sustainable, Non-GMO Foods: This change doesn’t happen overnight. Slowly, switch over by buying things here and there from local markets, stores, and farmers. This change will benefit your overall health, environment, and increase a demand in this industry for the betterment of our economy. Research Monsanto and understand the seriousness of what they have done and what they hope to do. Evil bastards.
- Stick to “Family-Owned” Businesses: Cut back on purchases from places such as Walmart, Kroger, Target, etc. This one is definitely tough, but if we turn our backs on these companies, then they don’t have power over us. You will feel better paying for something someone made with love instead of a factory. We have to change our views on the products we purchase. We are fighting a battle against corporate greed, so the less money they take from us, the better off we will be!
- Pick up Trash Around Your Neighborhood & Environment: Start carrying around bags and gloves with you in your car, on your bike, etc. Be more aware of your surroundings and start picking up the mess we are all responsible for. The cleaner the environment; the healthier we can be; the more likely more people around you will not litter. It is the smallest things that matter the most!
- Educate Yourself: Make this a goal and a life requirement! Knowledge is power! “The first step to wisdom is realizing you don’t know anything!” Start reading books, magazines, articles, documentaries, and opening your mind to any information you become interested it. Don’t limit yourself, there is no such thing as knowing too much! Challenge yourself to break free from your “comfort zone”. For example, listen to a different style of music, go to a workshop, attend a yoga class, etc.
- Share The Knowledge: This goes hand in hand with educating yourself. Challenge yourself to reach out to those close to you in your life. It is a great feeling to teach someone something foreign to them. Once you start learning; you will understand why it is important for us all and why we have to share information with one another. You will also sense a new feeling of freedom, wisdom, and possibility. Be sure to share any important news you discover via social media, because this revolution will not be televised!
- Register to Vote! Get Involved In Politics: This one is tricky, because many people don’t want to get involved with anything that the government is doing. At least attempt to give politics a chance, because you will discover that politics is very critical to all of our lives. We the people want to be able to have a say on what is going on in our country. Let your voice be heard! Voting is huge! It is so important, because all around the world people are making it harder and harder for people to vote by participating in “voter suppression”.
- Avoid Working For Corporate: If possible, choose a family-owned company. This is not going to be possible for every person reading this for many different reasons. At least do some research on the company that you are employed by and see what they are involved in, how they treat their affairs, other employees, spend their money, etc. You have the choice if you want to stay with them, or choose a company with the same morals as you. Choosing a local business helps promote small businesses and that’s exactly what we need, in order to conquer the corporate world. Remember, your happiness is essential to living a healthy life. Money can’t buy happiness.
- Discover Your Faith: Do some thinking about the universe/GOD. Ask yourself questions about where you came from, why the world is the way it is, what can you do about it,etc. Start looking inside yourself and understanding that you are not the voice inside your head, your thoughts or emotions. You are something far greater. In my personal view, we are spiritual entities having a human experience. Make it a personal task to explore different walks of faith, belief systems, and unique perspectives.
- Start Having Conversations With Strangers: Next time, you out at the grocery store, farmer’s market, hiking trail, at work, etc; be sure to spark up a conversation with someone. You never know what the conversation between you two may be. Potentially, you could learn something new, make a new friend or connection. Just be social and opportunities will start to pop up in your life!
- Create Communities: Become more involved in community service, grass-root organizations, march in peaceful protests, attend city meetings and/or court hearings. Introduce yourself to your neighbors and try to help anyone you see struggling on the streets. We are all in this life together as one. We owe it to one another to lend a helping hand, share compassion and have open-mind to all people. Get involved in activism, rallies, marches, and speeches! We have to take action against the government, corporations, and big money!
- Experience The Outdoors: Nature is known to help relieve stress, expend your consciousness, and help people appreciate the true beauty of the world. You owe it to yourself to take foot outside. The more time you spend outdoors, the more comfort you will feel. Nature is our home. I personally always feel more connected to the universe when I am observing nature. It is truly limitless when it comes to things you could do outside. Get creative, start thinking, and embrace this amazing planet!
- Take Responsibility for Your Well-Being: You have to take care of yourself before you can help change the world. Here are a few tips I have that may guide you on your journey. Physically, you may want to get involved in exercise, group fitness classes, hiking, etc. Change your diet. Ditch modern medicine and research holistic alternative medicine such as Ayurveda. Emotionally & Mentally: You may want to go see a therapist if you have been struggling for years. Try writing out how you feel. Reading self-improvement books. Financially: Create a budget. Minimize spending. Quit buying unnecessary things. Make more thought-out purchases. Spiritually: Start reading about different religions, go out in nature, meditate, do yoga, practice mindfulness.
I am sure I could continue to list millions and millions of positive ways to get involved in this global revolution. It is apparent that the way of the world is shifting into a more positive direction, especially here in the United States. We have millions of people all around the world standing up to their governments for equality. People are waking up and realizing what really matters in life. This is quite the bittersweet generation to be alive in. Take complete advantage of it and decide to be apart of the change. You can develop your own ways to be apart of the global revolution. That is the wonderful thing about this revolution; we the people are reclaiming our freedom, our planet, and our lives.
This is just the beginning of our global revolution 😀
Here is a photo from Iceland. They have taken back their country, which has set a huge example for Americans.
Here’s a photo from last night’s rally in Washington Park. There was estimated over 50k people there for a Bernie Sander’s rally. I will be writing more about this in another blog.